VPI Industries JMW 12 3D-R Reference Tonearm
The arm looks like a traditional VPI Unipivot arm, except it's made in a 3D printer. The material is basically epoxy, which forms a rigid, lightweight, structure with good insulation properties. Epoxy is non-crystalline which impedes the transfer of vibration, so it’s the perfect material for tone arms. The shape of the tone arm shaft also adds rigidity to the structure and further prevents the transmission of surface vibrations. The result is a low resonance lightweight tone arm.
- Pivot to spindle: 300 mm
- Effective length: 313.0 mm
- Effective mass: 11g
- Overhang: 13mm
- Offset angle: 17.37 degrees
- Average RMS distortion: 0.311%
- Internal wiring: Premium Nordost Reference wire.
- New design 3d printed one piece body for the ultimate in resonance control.
- Full length copper shielding tube internally
- Adjustable side weights for finer azimuth settings.
- Additional proprietary 3-D printed layering material.
- Built in “Easy lift” finger lift.
- Offset stainless steel counterweight for stability
- Easy setting of VTA/SRA in thousandths of an inch, calibrated and repeatable
- Adjustable anti-skate.